Saturday, August 22, 2009

My car screams at me.....

So I have in the past year begun to have a ton of car problems off and on. My car was bought new in 2005 as a 2006 and there was 11 miles on it when we drove away from the dealership. Now 4 years later and I feel like all of this traveling for medical appointments has really begun to take a toll on my poor little car. It has almost 80,000 miles on it and today I spent a couple hours hanging out at the inlaws house while my father in law changed my brakes and inspected my car. My brakes were so bad and they have been screaming at me for weeks now. Yay no more squeeling little Honda. It seriously sounded like I was dragging a bag of baby pigs behind me down the road. No my tires could blow at any moment and I seriously think that the dealership we bought it from has the crappiest mechanica on the planet. I dont think that they do all the required maintenance when we take it in. Anyway I had to vent about that. Hopefully our truck will be paid off in a year and I can trade my car in for a hybrid something for better mileage, fuel economy, space and more earth friendly. Those are my hopes anyway. We'll see our credit is hashed though from previous issues.....dont wanna go into that.....a whole new set of drama.

1 comment:

  1. First of all. I FEEEEEEEEEEL you on the car thing. Our car isn't to that point yet. But we bought this great, wonderful, sparkly car with low miles and now it has almost 100,000 miles on it and it looks like it's been through hell. We've driven from Alabama to Maryland so many times for appointments and seeing family and whatever. It takes a toll on your ride. Not cool. We just spent a good grand we didn't have to replace brakes, rotars, and a wheel bearing. Supposedly the steering wheel is loose, too. Just gets expensive. I hope you guys pay it off soon too. Just, in case you didn't already know, hybrid batteries only last x amount of years and are like 5000 to replace. Or so I'm told.

    ReplyDelete