Sunday, August 23, 2009

New Adventures in PTSD land

So as wives who have wounded husbands know PTSD can bring on a whole new world of excitement....maybe excitement isnt the right word! Things are likely to happen and you either choose to accept it or deal with it in creative ways. So here is a little example of an incident that made me laugh recently. Yesterday I spent most of the day at my inlaws house getting my car worked on so it wouldnt scream at me anymore. After a day of that.....wheww....car is noise free. However I was on my way home yesterday and got kind of a disturbing phone call from my husband who has recently found a new found love for trying to restore his 1991 5.0 mustang which is his baby. He hasnt been able to work on it for years due to mobility issues. Anyhow he calls me in sort of a disgruntled state asking me if I can pick up wasp spray on the way home. I replied with well we have two cans and proceeded to tell him where they were located. I asked him why he needed it and if everything was ok and he replied with.....I have just been in a firefight with a few troops of wasps who had recently made a nest in my car. So he made a bunker, got the hose and proceeded to attack the enemy wasps until he was safe enough to wheelchair out of the area to a safer FOB (forward operating base).....lol....he needed more ammo.....thus the wasp spray.....he said he was then off to locate the weapons and he was gonna go slaughter the rest of the colony and take no prisoners. Needless to say no wasp lived the attack and nobody in our platoon was injured or killed. So the car is free from enemy fire and is ready for clearance.....or some shit like that. Anyway I thought it was the funniest thing ever. I had to share this! It made me laugh and he had fun! Just another day with my husband and his PTSD!

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha. Nice. Also, Cleve has an 88 Saleen that he is obsessed with. He spends more time with that thing than me. They should start a club! haha

    ReplyDelete