Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Successful day in sicky sick lala land.....NOT!

Made it to the doctor this morning to have the doctor tell me what I already know.  Surprise surprise!  I'm sick.....bring on the antibiotics.  An upper respiratory infection, and eczema in the ears.  Never heard that one before but it does explain the non stop itching.  Oh and apparently I need an inhaler for my asthma.  I am a hot mess!  Minus the hot!  So here I sit spilling my guts about my productive day and as I say this I am remembering everything that I didnt get done.  So I think for a change I am going to play like I have a head injury.  The only excuse I can come up with is that I misplaced my 8 lists reminding me of the things I need to accomplish.  Without lists I am vapor!  Maybe I should download an app for my phone that act as lists so I always have them.....knowing my luck I will need a list to remind me to make a list.  My husband doesn't get to have all the fun around here.  Sometimes I wonder if he truly forgets to do things or if he uses the TBI as an excuse for screw ups.  Such as cereal in the fridge, milk in the pantry, dirty laundry into the washer not the dryer, or such instances as double booking appointments, forgetting to pick our child up....or is this just a man thing?  A good one is waiting over a year to make an appointment to have a recall issue adressed with our truck.  We recieved a notice in the mail stating that there was a recall issue with a part on our truck that needed replaced or repaired.  The consequences if this wasnt corrected was that the truck could stop running while driving down the road and cause a collision.  So guess what happens.....I am driving down the road last week....in the truck.  As I am rounding a rather sharp corner the truck does this thing where it just turns off.....everything....no lights.....no steering....no gauges.....nothing.  So as I round the corner I notice that the truck is hard to steer and I almost cant make the corner to avoid oncoming traffic.  As I coast to a stop going 30 mph on a busy corner, I am lucky to get this beast of a truch fully off the shoulder out of the way of traffic.  I call a tow truck, call a ride and leave my husband a voicemail explaining the issue since he never answers that ringing piece of technology known to connect two people in a conversational situation....aka his cell phone.  Then he gets home and his dad was able to start it right up no problem.  We are obviously stumped after going through all of the possible issues.  Well as I was tearing my house apart in a fury yesterday during operation find specific document, among a clusterfuck of both necessary papers and unecessary papers;  Army, Marine Corps, VA, and other crap, all squished into a file cabinet in a rather unorganized I dont give a shit sort of manner.  I begin to organize not only the file cabinet, but the rest of the house.  By this time I was so pissed off cause everything was everywhere, I just happened to see this paper tacked to the husband's "to do list" board.  It was sort of poking out from behind another paper and I almost didnt see it.  I see of course that the paper clearly says Nissan right on it.  I open the paper and of course it was the recall notice.  Its states that an Engine Control Module relay may over time may cause the engine to stop running while the vehicle is in motion increasing risk of a crash.  Well no shit!  I wasnt sure whether to scream or laugh.....so I did both.  I held on to this paper so tightly until he came home and of course I had to show him the paper and explain the consequences for what this means.  I could have died in that truck and later the repair shop would have said, there was a recall and your negligence in taking proper action to resolve the issue caused your truck to crash.  Bye Bye wifey.....lol.  Anyways I am not mad about it.....but I cant leave him alone for a second.  Atleast he hasnt accidentally left the stove on.  He does however misplace his cell phone, wallet, keys, hat, sunglasses, and handicapped parking permit on a daily basis.  He is always asking me. where's the remote, have you seen my happy sock (night time shrinker stump sock), have you seen my chew (unfortunately that always gets found).  Never underestimate your husband's ability to forget anything and everything at any given time.  I think TBIs are contagious.....lol.....

No comments:

Post a Comment