Thursday, August 5, 2010

Taking a break & the calm before the storm

So the next few weeks signify the calm before the storm....the three weeks prior to school starting. My son starts kintergarten, my daughter starts her first year of middle school or (what was called junior high when I was there) and I start my second year of college. I know what I want to do but what I want to do means three degrees because I am an indecisive women who wants to do it all because I can. I dont know what that means! Anyway I want to be some sort of school psychologist, teacher and teach culinary arts all at the same time. I dont know how I am going to do it but that is what I am going to work on accomplishing. In the meantime Bill needs to find a hobby or something that he likes to do in the wake of all of this madness so that he wont be lonely, bored and stressed out of his mind. Which is likely to happen anyway. So I am going to take a break and find some fun things to do during the next few weeks that dont take much planning or preperation. I need a break desperately with everything that has happended lately. Bill has been able to go fishing, camping and just go hang out with his friends and I havent gotten do do anything remotely similar in I dont know how long. He is at the point in his life now where we wants me by his side 24/7 and its exhausting because I need alone time for myself. I almost have one or both of my children with me if not him and both of them so I just need my own time and space. Kids and men dont understand that. There are times where I felt like just getting in the car and driving an hour to the beach and just spending the day alone napping on the beach and walking searching for shells or even browsing in small shops. The point is that I can go at my own pace without having to deal with whining kids, prosthetic legs not fitting and pre-teen cell drama. I am doing my grocery list and monthly menu today, writing up menu cards to get them ready for laminating. Just small tedious things that women do that men do not understand or want any part of. Bill is updating and downloading music and my son is playing the wii and Autumn is at her dad's house....it is chill....no drama....no fighting....and I am going to go take a bath. Its the least I can do to take care of myself today. The house is clean the boys are fed and now its time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment