Monday, August 2, 2010

Ghetto in the suburbs

So I have always joked that we are ghetto. I have since changed my mind....we are more of a combination of redneck, white trash and something from a Stephen King movie. We no longer have the car sitting in the yard that we dont drive. Yeah thats right Bill finally sold his mustang. Now we can buy a new front door for our house. Who wouldve thought those things would cost so much. I know you are probably thinking....if you are as redneck as you say then surely you could just go to a trailer wrecking yard and find another....oh no sir....we live in a house and those doors cost bucks....and plus I want my kids to be safe. I have a dog but I dont think he bites....he barks when he hears someone pull up in our reched driveway or walk up to the door.....but he sounds harmless. I also invested in a stungun a few years back and have been lucky enough to not have to use thus far. I am itching to see what it would do to a full grown pedophile though. So Bill thought since he sold the mustang....his favorite car.....his pride and joy....that he would never have to see it again and the burden of having to sell it would be long gone....out of sight out of mind. Turns out he sold it to a marine corps recruiter who lives directly next door to his buddy. Talk about smack in the face. Now every time he goes to visit his friend....that car is going to haunt him. Such a bummer. Off of the car subject Bill and I have been fighting like cats and dogs.....all claws out....I gotta say out of Bill's whole unit that went to Iraq, we are the only couple that has stayed together through the wake of the deployment from hell. The rest of them didnt even have the kind of issues that we had and still have and they all buckled under the pressure. Either we are seriously meant for eachother or I an just real stupid and put up with alot of shit. There are so many variables leading to our spats....mostly his forgetfullness, lack of compassion and my newly aquired spousal PTSD, which I cant rally blame on a guy with a TBI. I want someone to be punished though so badly and I want someone to feel bad and apologize and take the blame.....but the only people who are to blame are the ones calling the shots. They will never own it....will never admit their wrongs and will never take responsibility. SO the next time when someone asks me why I wear a Marine Corps t-shirt proudly but own not one Army or National Guard item.....I can simply say because I have standards.....and they do not include supporting a group of irresponsible, inconsiderate, uncaring, backstabbing, bitches who have no idea how to take care of their men, their families or their wounded. See now I got all worked up and am rambling and I will get carried away and I wont stop speaking my mind. I gotta get some rest. Time for a coctail and a sleeping pill.....just joking....none of that for me. A glass of wine and a hot bath sounds fabulous though. So you can be civilized and still be ghetto.....as long as there is wine involved.....the ghetto part comes when you hook up a beer bong for wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment